AUDDIS stands for Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service
This allows an organisation to submit their Direct Debit Instructions to Bacs electronically rather
If your organisation currently sends all new Direct Debits by post then you have to go through a process of AUDDIS Migration in order to make the necessary changes.
Benefits of AUDDIS
· There are lower costs associated with processing (less paper and postage)
· It is more accurate as the information is more easily understood by the banks and there is no handwriting to decipher
· You hear about Direct Debits that haven’t been set up before trying to collect against them
· Errors are also reduced thanks to modulus checking which happens before submission
· The processing time is reduced from 14 days down to 4 days
· Administration is easier and all of these improvements also have customer service benefits
There are some additional rules which you will need to be aware of when moving to AUDDIS. It becomes much more important to have copies of the instructions to hand in case you need to prove you have the payer’s authority. You will also need to ensure you know our customer (KYC) as the banks are no longer checking the signatures for you. There are also some new transaction codes and a new file that you will need to be able to generate. You use a 0N code for a new Direct Debit and a 0C code to cancel a direct debit for example For full details see AUDDIS transaction codes. The file that you submit will contain no values but will need all the relevant customer details. All the information regarding this can be obtained from the Bacs Service Users Guide and Rules or you may be able to get some help from your bank or Bacs software company. Alternatively we can provide AUDDIS training and consultancy to help ensure that you get it right.
If you already collect Direct Debits you will need to go through a process of AUDDIS migration to benefit from this improved service. Lots of care needs to be taken to ensure that you have no interruption or failures in your collections. You must contact your sponsoring bank before any migration. If you choose to Migrate then please see our AUDDIS migration guide
© Clear Academy Ltd 2011, Clear Academy is a trading name of Cleara Consulting Ltd. company registration number 07081560