DDICA - Direct Debit Indemnity Claims Automation
Direct Debit Indemnity Claim Automation (DDICA)
Bacs is taking the opportunity to automate one of the last remaining paper based processes associated with Direct Debit, the handling of indemnity claims. The automated process has been introduced in October 2010.
· All banks will be migrating to the new automated process.
· Banks will implement DDICA between October 2010 and the end of April 2011, therefore all Service Users will need to be able to accept both paper and automated claims during this period.
· Service Users will need to access the new DDIC advice report which will be available for download on a daily basis whenever there is an indemnity claim submitted for one of their SUNs.
· Service Users main account will be debited automatically after 14 working days after the report is available, such debits cannot be returned.
· The existing counter claims process will not be affected.
How will DDICA affect you?
DDICA will apply to all Service Users, so you need to be ready for it. A new report along similar lines to those you already receive for ADDACS and ARUDD will be replacing the paper process for indemnity claims.
You will not have to settle these claims directly as they will be debited from your main account automatically
What do I need to do next?
Your primary security contact will need to ensure that they have the necessary privileges to download the new reports. Once the primary security contact had that privilege they will be able to allocate the privilege to their remaining contacts.
If you are at all unsure or have any additional questions, please contact us
© Clear Academy Ltd 2011, Clear Academy is a trading name of Cleara Consulting Ltd. company registration number 07081560